Skip to main content

Christmas Tree vs. Wood Floors: Lesson 1

As most of you know, about a year and a half ago we "completed" (in quotes because, let's be honest...it's STILL not completely finished!) a big remodel of our upper level (and, of yet I have to post a "finished product" post on). I am a DIE HARD Christmas fan and to me, if you have an artificial tree, you are akin to Scrooge. Or the Grinch. Or Satan himself, or something.

So, while I was leery about putting a real Christmas tree (with which we've had mishaps before) on my wood floor last year, shockingly, the season passed without incident and I was able to enjoy my tree in all it's pine scented glory.

This year, while still having those same leery feelings, we schlepped out to get our tree from an incredibly fun and festive, but ridiculously over-priced tree farm, and set the bad boy up. We decorated it TO THE HILT with the oodles of ornaments we have and I mentioned to my husband that he should probably tie up the tree...but then he got busy with other things and didn't.

And...I'm sure you can guess what happened. 


And THEN some...but THAT my friends, will be Lesson 2. However, for now, something more pressing is on my heart...

As I lay on my belly vacuuming the seams of our wood floors, in hopes of extracting as much water as I could from under them I had A LOT of time to think...

You see, a neighboring community had just experienced a tragic construction accident...a co-workers friend's son is battling osteosarcoma...I realized, in that time on my belly with the shop vac, that GOOD GOLLY. If a wet wood floor is my biggest worry in life, man alive, do I have it good.

Then tonight, I learned that one of my hospital co-workers lost her precious 2 month old baby last night. And my goodness...my heart breaks. This poor mama...I can't not imagine her pain and sorrow and her absolute grief in losing her precious newborn baby.

Friends, hug your loved ones today...and count your blessings.

Today I thank God that my "biggest worry" in life is a replaceable wood floor...and today, I pray for God's grace and love and healing miracles to shower down upon those that have REAL worries. 


Comments

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte