Skip to main content

Stitch Fix Review: 5.0 and 6.0

Long time no see, eh?!

So, let's talk Stitch Fix. I was IN LOVE with it when I put it on hold back in November. I dreamed of my next fix and the beauties I would receive, so when I was faced with a wardrobe debacle for an event I was helping to plan, I did what any good and level headed woman would do...I moved up my "Birthday Fix" to accommodate my need for something to wear to the "Big Event". I asked for "cute and trendy" and as soon as I got that email that sends thrills to every Stitch Fix addict ("Your Stitch Fix is On Its Way!") I peeked at what was coming as quickly as I could...and was met with a deep and painful disappointment. BUT, I tried keeping an open mind, knowing that some fixes look disappointing on paper but turn out to be pretty amazing in person. Well, let's just say my disappointment was warranted. That fix was a total bust (I mean, c'mon...how can a sweater named "Klyde" ever have a chance?!). I don't even have any pictures from that fix, I was that disappointed in it (but Google "Klyde sweater", just so you can have a good laugh, too). 

So, of course I scheduled myself a "redo" fix...brushing up my note and trying not to be too vague with my requests (heck, I even took it to Facebook to ask the Sticth Fix group their thoughts on my note). What transpired was a fix that was slightly better than the previous one, but still not great. Here is what I received:

My stylist suggested this pairing. Um. No. Scarf: Sammie...just okay, but bulky and made me feel a bit claustrophobic.
Pants: Liverpool...great. Awesome. Fab. BUT...I received a Maurice's pair that were, essentially, identical to these, for Christmas (and a fraction of the cost).
Sweater: Does it matter? Gross. After my comments/feedback regarding the ill fated Klyde from the prior fix, I was sad to receive Klyde's evil twin. Itchy. Blocky. Not at all my style.


Shirt: Papermoon. Nice. Probably my second fave...but a little too flowy for my taste. After gestating 5 children, I have developed an aversion to "flowy", as I lived in maternity clothing for a lot of months of my life. But I found someone who loved it and so, she is happy about her shirt and I'm happy that I didn't lose my styling fee. Win/win.


Cardigan: 41Hawthorn. Just...meh. Color was nice, different from my usual, but the material was kind of cheap and the arms hung weird and it was just not something I loved. 


And so, that made 2 "oh for fives" in a row...and thus, my infatuation with Sticth Fix has come to a bitter end. I'm grateful for them pushing me to step outside my box and discovering that I can, indeed, dress myself with some fun finds. Thankfully, our local mall has some cute boutique-y stores that have a plethora of fun, trendy, funky finds!

Stitch Fix, it's been fun, but we're done for awhile. Time for a break. It's not you, it's me...can we still be friends?

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, you're so high maintenance! Picky, picky, picky!!
    I happen to think you looked great in all the outfits and I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte